Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally Friday

What a long week it's been. I thought I was busy with Robert and everything I had to do before, but now I know I was hardly busy at all. Now, though, I am quite busy, and my job is frustrating, and I don't get weekends off. At least I know it's just a temp gig. That kind of bummed me out at first, but now it's a feeling of freedom. This too shall pass, and in the meantime, I will do my work and try to keep my sanity and concentrate hard on the bank account balance when I would like to scream and throw my binder at someone. Today I conducted my first yelled-through-a-door interview and had yet another person lie to my face because they didn't want to talk to me. I have a feeling this has happened a lot more often than I'm aware of, but it's particularly frustrating when I catch them at it. Tomorrow I have to go back and redo some of yesterday's work, because the rules for census changed between Wednesday and Thursday but I didn't know until Friday, so Saturday I will fix it. Sometimes I think if I didn't ask so many questions trying to get things right, I wouldn't have so many problems. It seems like every time I ask a question about something, I wind up wishing I hadn't. Maybe this is training for government bureaucracy.

Anyway, I'm better off this week than I was last week, if I work four hours tomorrow I will make my minimum hours for the week. So I'm hoping we don't get rain or anything miserable like that. I will concentrate on happier things instead, like the fact that I have a long-awaited doctor's appointment coming up next week, and that Robert is getting baptized on Memorial Day weekend, and all the grandparents will be here! That's going to be a very good time. And then shortly after that, we go on vacation to visit the beach and the mountains, which will be entirely awesome. Compared to that, what's a little enumeration annoyance in the grand scheme of things?

It's late and I'm tired, so I'm not going to stay up much longer. Instead, I shall leave you with the picture above, which is Robert after a long day. He fell asleep on M's lap, right in the middle of a bottle. Awww.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're commenting on a new post, you can expect your comment to show up immediately. If you're commenting on a post older than 30 days, expect it to sit in moderation for just a little, so I can make sure you're not a spambot.