Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reuniting and it Feels So Good

Today was the big family reunion for my mom's side of the family, out at the big park in my hometown. It was tiring and hot, but a lot of fun. It's been a really long time since I last made it to one of these things, and I saw a lot of people I haven't seen for ages and barely recognized, plus seeing a bunch of my first cousins and their kids. There were several other  babies there, which was fun. It was ninety degrees out though, and Robert was shy of so very many strange people. We stayed three and a half hours or so, then Robert and I came home for a bottle and a nap. He had a bottle and we both had a nap. It was nice! Robert also had his first carousel ride today, and seemed to enjoy it. I had to hold onto him to balance him on the horse, but it will not be many years before he can do it himself. Weird!

Robert is six months old today! What a big boy! What a fast half a year! He's going to crawl any day now, and nothing's going to be the same after that. But he's so funny, at least we'll get entertainment in exchange for our constant exhaustion. Speaking of which, it's definitely bedtime. Check out lots of new pictures on the Flickr photostream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're commenting on a new post, you can expect your comment to show up immediately. If you're commenting on a post older than 30 days, expect it to sit in moderation for just a little, so I can make sure you're not a spambot.