Friday, June 4, 2010

C.A.R.E: Cars Are Really Expensive!

We slept in till seven today! Hallelujah! I know it might not seem like much, but given that yesterday I was up two hours earlier, it was nice. Besides, we had stuff to do! Robert and I snagged a bath first thing, because he was pretty stinky and fell asleep before we could give him one last night. Mike let him sit in front of the fan as his hair was drying, so for the rest of the day he's had this soft little corona of hair sticking up around his head. It's super cute. I followed up the bath with my own shower, then headed out to get the car looked at.

The maintenance inspection was okay, for a car with 182,000 miles on it, give or take. The air conditioner was working this morning, damn the luck, so they couldn't tell me what might be wrong with that, but they were happy to advise me about a thousand dollars worth of other maintenance I should get. Guess I must look a lot richer than I actually am! The important thing is that nothing is currently actually falling off the car or in more danger of doing so than usual, and that's good enough for me. They changed the oil, rotated the tires, replaced the wiper blades and topped off the fluids, so we're good to go. Well, we still need to clean out the car, which currently looks like the aftermath of a battle between Frog Floaty and the Huggies Diaper Baby, using empty water bottles and yarn as weapons. There is currently grey merino wool yarn wrapped twice around the gearshift, and I'm not sure how it got there. We'll have to work on that.

Much of the rest of the day was devoted to laundry, so that now we have lots of clean clothes, some of which have even already been packed. Robert was in a great mood most of the day, and M was working from home, so we passed him back and forth and got a lot of good playtime in. Robert and I had a good time with a bowl of spaghetti, while I showed him how a big person eats with a fork and he showed me how he thought that was absolutely hilarious. Much fun was had by all. He eventually fell asleep right on the floor a half hour before bedtime, and didn't even wake up when M put him to bed. Too, too cute.

Learning About Food from Cori D on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're commenting on a new post, you can expect your comment to show up immediately. If you're commenting on a post older than 30 days, expect it to sit in moderation for just a little, so I can make sure you're not a spambot.