Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

It's late and I'm tired so I'm going to make this a short one, but I've got a really cute video that I even did editing work on to make up for it. =) I was determined today to catch Robert's rolling on tape, and I did! You'll like it. In other news, the car got fixed today, and while the tires turned out well and the vibrations have stopped, the air conditioning is still busted. We're taking it back in tomorrow, where the technician will look at it again for no additional charge. So that's bad and good, I guess.

M's mom and I went to CVS and rocked some really good deals. They've been giving everybody a get 5 off a 15 dollar purchase coupon just for buying something (it prints on the receipt), which is huge. I was also super-duper lucky and got two free rewards bucks from the coupons machine in the store. Score! So for me, I bought six sticks of deodorant that would've been 15 dollars, used coupons to get 9 dollars off, used the 5 off 15 to get another 5 off, and then used my two free reward bucks, which took me down to -1 dollars. I used that to buy two bottles of tea I had coupons for, and wound up paying only the 78 cents tax, plus I got back 5 dollars in rewards money. Excellent! M's mom bought a 12 dollar razor for six dollars and got five reward bucks back, which she then rolled into a purchase of two jumbo packs of Pampers, a box of Tampax, and six bottles of tea, along with a handful of coupons and her own 5 off 15 coupon. In total, for both transactions, her total was about 17 dollars, which is amazing considering that just the diapers would normally cost more than that. Pampers are hard to find on sale.

For lunch today we ate at 12 Bones, the place President Obama ate last time he was in Asheville. We've been there before, and it was amazing, as usual. I can't get enough of their jalepeno cheese grits. We ate outside, because it was a gorgeous day and the place is always so crowded. Robert was good and slept the whole time. We watched Fantastic Mr. Fox tonight, which was cool and weird, and Robert pooped through two outfits. There was never a dull moment. And now, a video!

Robert Rolls from Cori D on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're commenting on a new post, you can expect your comment to show up immediately. If you're commenting on a post older than 30 days, expect it to sit in moderation for just a little, so I can make sure you're not a spambot.