Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Lesson Learned


This morning, Robert woke up at four and didn't want to go back to sleep. That wasn't much fun at all. He continued being cranky all through the morning, which was also not fun, especially since in the morning there is no one really around to help, and I don't even have his crib to put him in, or his favorite swing. The tunnel did not cut the mustard today, no sir. Maybe I've been eating too much weird food. I will miss everyone when it is time to go, but at least when I'm soloing with Baby, I'll be in a place with all my tools at my fingertips.

In the afternoon we went up to Chicago to visit my great aunt, which was a very fun trip. It was especially nice since Robert passed out the second I put him in his carseat and slept the entire two hour trip. She has three adorable dogs, who were all very curious about Robert. Robert was curious as well, but the dogs lost out in the race for his interest against the ceiling fan. He seemed to interpret it as a really fast mobile. My aunt is a quilter and makes the most amazing and beautiful things. I am very envious, but I know I don't have it in me to attend to that much detail. Counting stitches in my knitting is about as good as it gets for me.

When we were up there, I realized I'd made a substantial tactical error and not replenished the diaper supply in the diaper bag. This was revealed to me when Robert filled his diaper in a particularly pungent way and I couldn't do anything about it. Luckily, it didn't seem to bother him that much, so I had a little time to go do something about it. I was absolutely kicking myself, since I had a couple hundred diapers back at my folks' house, to say nothing of the thousand or so back home. But those were entirely out of reach, so I went to the nearby Walgreens and used my last $3.00 off Huggies coupon to buy a pack for 6.49. Not a price I like to pay for diapers, not at all, but it was still a lucky break that I had the coupon in my purse. Next time, I will be more careful, and hopefully I will not waste money like that again. But Robert got clean and was happy, so it turned out okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're commenting on a new post, you can expect your comment to show up immediately. If you're commenting on a post older than 30 days, expect it to sit in moderation for just a little, so I can make sure you're not a spambot.